Western Connecticut State University Housing and Residence Life is a featured program.
As part of the application process the interested applicants are required to shadow current Resident Assistants (RAs) or Academic Resource Mentors (ARMs). There are several experiences listed on the application that the applicants can participate in. Staff checks off the experience on the application after they participate in each item on the list. The experiences are set up with the intention of providing those interested in the position to have a better understanding of expectations of the position.
Some of the shadowing experiences have included:
- Shadow and RA on duty
- Shadow and ARM sitting office hours
- Shadow RA while Attend Hall Council
- Shadow RA or ARM during event they planned
- Help with the publicity, planning, or presenting of a program
- Talk with the ARM and RA as they are putting time into various tasks of their position
Submitted by Maribeth Griffin, Director of Residential Programs & Staff, Western Connecticut State University