I did a really great initiative! I don’t know if it’ll work for guys, but I got positive feedback from the girls on my floor.
I made the Roommate Game, modified from the TV show The Newlywed Game.
1. Make a list of questions. I had multiple choice (possibility of 2 answers), fill in the blank (what is your favorite color, etc), and then I had something really hard like their class schedule on Tuesday or something that would require a lot more thinking.
2. Then I would have one roommate from each room fill out the questions at a different location from the rest of the team.
3. Then I read off the question and then their roommates answer the questions.
4. Calculating the total score of whatever number of rounds you want to do, I decided a winner from the number of points.
5. I had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize gifts – which was Candy.
I did it during the Halloween season.
Submitted by Vanessa P. Thompson, Resident Mentor, Michigan State University