Submitted by Katey Genrich, Resident Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago
Everyone likes cereal, especially poor and hungry college students! I decided to use mini-boxes of cereal to make door decs!
1. light-weight cardboard pieces (like from large cereal boxes or food containers).
2. mini cereal boxes
3. small paper bowls
4. hot glue gun and glue sticks
5. construction paper and marker
6. plastic spoons
1. Cover light-weight cardboard pieces with construction paper, hot gluing it in place.
2. Cut paper bowls in half and glue one to each cardboard backing.
3. Hot glue the mini cereal bowl to the cardboard. I positioned mine like someone was pouring the cereal into the bowl.
4. Write the names of your residents as if they were cereal being poured out of the cereal box.
5. Hot glue the spoon where ever you can find a spot. It can go in the bowl or just placed next to it.
6. If you want to get fancy, find pictures of the cereal up close (I used google images), and place the picture in the bowl, as if the bowl was full of real cereal.
7. Tape the amazing creation on the doors of your residents. Don’t forget one for your Resident Director!
Your residents will love these! 🙂 Enjoy and treat yourself to a bowl of cereal in the cafeteria when you’re through!