Clemson University Housing and Dining is a featured program.
Clemson University Profile:
Clemson University was founded in 1889 as a public land grant institution for the state of South Carolina. Clemson’s campus sits on 1,400 acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains bordered by the shores of Lake Hartwell.
Clemson University is one of the country’s most selective public research universities, and is a science and engineering oriented institution dedicated to teaching, research, and service.
In 2014, Clemson University was ranked as the 20th best national public university by the U.S. News & World Report. Clemson was named among the best values by Kiplinger magazine in 2013. The Princeton Review named Clemson University #1 in town-gown relations in 2015, 2014, 2012, and 2011. The Princeton Review also named Clemson University with the nation’s 3rd happiest students in 2015.
Clemson Quick Facts:
- Mascot: Tigers
- Undergraduate Students: 16,562
- Graduate Students: 4,206
- 80+ majors and 75+ minors
- 10+ graduate degree program
- 5 colleges
- 18:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Average SAT of 1246
- 91% freshman retention rate
- 400+ student clubs and organizations
- 2 Rhodes Scholar Finalists
- 11 NSF Graduate Research Fellows
- 4 Fulbright Scholars
University Housing and Dining
MISSION: We create supportive and challenging environments that enrich and nourish lives.
VISION: To be the premier campus community in the country.
- Service with Passion
- Social Justice
We believe that an intentional residential experience is transformative.
- There are 20 different Living and Learning Communities (LLC) with many more still in development
- There are over 40 academic partners that collaborate on LLCs
- One third of all new and transfer students on campus participate in a LLC
- 6 Faculty in Residence (FIR) work in residential communities that serve LLCs
- Clemson’s LLC program was recognized as a best practices school in the national study of Living-Learning programs in 2008
- Clemson’s LLC program was highlighted in “Programs that Work” in S. News & World Report in 2010 and 2011.
Meet our team at http://housing.clemson.edu/staff-directory/.
Learn more about Clemson Housing and Dining at housing.clemson.edu.
Submitted by Tyler Gailey, Assistant Director for Residential Life, Clemson University